Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mashed Cauliflower



Holy moly.
They turned out perfect.
This recipe made my whole entire day.
They filled that void I was needing filled.  

Okay, enough of the dramatics~  they were really good.  I needed a little crunch, something that felt hardy, like a mashed potato would, and I'm telling you, it did the trick.  Next time I think I will heed the advice in the original recipe {link is below} and will add some rosemary to give it a bit more flavor.  I did add a teaspoon or two of fat free sour cream on top to eat... 

I used:

  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 1 tablespoon fat free cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/8 teaspoon vegetable broth 
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt {needed it after a taste test}
We cut the cauliflower off the head in small pieces and put in the pot, bring to a boil.  Once it is boiling, put 6 minutes on the timer.  It really did take about 6 minutes till I put a fork in a piece of the cauliflower and it broke softly apart.  Drain in a colander.  Pat dry with a paper towel.  Add all ingredients in a bowl and beat with a mixer until it is mixed well and all chunks have been put through the mixer.  It WILL be a little chunky.  But not much!  Don't shoot for creamy though.. it doesn't happen and doesn't need to.  Serve.  If you're like me, put a dab of fat free sour cream on top and enjoy! 

5 Stars.  This gets 5 Stars.  If I had more stars to give, I'd give it to the Mashed Cauliflower.







No comments:

Post a Comment